CAS No 872-50-4, EC No 212-828-1
Conditions of restriction
1. Shall not be placed on the market as a substance on its own or in mixtures in a concentration equal to or greater than 0,3 % after 9 May 2020 unless manufacturers, importers and downstream users have included in the relevant chemical safety reports and safety data sheets, Derived No-Effect Levels (DNELs) relating to exposure of workers of 14,4 mg/m3 for exposure by inhalation and 4,8 mg/kg/day for dermal exposure.
2. Shall not be manufactured, or used, as a substance on its own or in mixtures in a concentration equal to or greater than 0,3 % after 9 May 2020 unless manufacturers and downstream users take the appropriate risk management measures and provide the appropriate operational conditions to ensure that exposure of workers is below the DNELs specified in paragraph 1.
3. By way of derogation from paragraphs 1 and 2, the obligations laid down therein shall apply from 9 May 2024 in relation to placing on the market for use, or use, as a solvent or reactant in the process of coating wires.
The following substances which are classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction, category 1A or 1B (See group members)
The substances listed in column 1 of the Table in Appendix 12
Conditions of restriction
1. Shall not be placed on the market after 1 November 2020 in any of the following:
(a) clothing or related accessories;
(b) textiles other than clothing which, under normal or reasonably foreseeable conditions of use, come into contact with human skin to an extent similar to clothing;
if the clothing, related accessory, textile other than clothing or footwear is for use by consumers and the substance is present in a concentration, measured in homogeneous material, equal to or greater than that specified for that substance in Appendix 12.
2. By way of derogation, in relation to the placing on the market of formaldehyde [CAS No 50-00-0] in jackets, coats or upholstery, the relevant concentration for the purposes of paragraph 1 shall be 300 mg/kg during the period between 1 November 2020 and 1 November 2023. The concentration specified in Appendix 12 shall apply thereafter.
3. Paragraph 1 shall not apply to:
(a) clothing, related accessories or footwear, or parts of clothing, related accessories or footwear, made exclusively of natural leather, fur or hide;
(b) non-textile fasteners and non-textile decorative attachments;
(c) second-hand clothing, related accessories, textiles other than clothing or footwear
(d) wall-to-wall carpets and textile floor coverings for indoor use, rugs and runners.
4. Paragraph 1 shall not apply to clothing, related accessories, textiles other than clothing, or footwear within the scope of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council1 or Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council2.
5. Paragraph 1(b) shall not apply to disposable textiles. ‘Disposable textiles’ means textiles that are designed to be used only once or for a limited time and are not intended for subsequent use for the same or a similar purpose.
6. Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall apply without prejudice to the application of any stricter restrictions set out in this Annex or in other applicable Union legislation.
7.The Commission shall review the exemption in paragraph 3(d) and, if appropriate, modify that point accordingly.